With the holiday season approaching us, I tend to reflect on all the life experiences I had because of my cerebral palsy and why I consider my cerebral palsy to be one of the best Christmas gifts I’ve ever received.
- Cerebral palsy has allowed me to see the world from a unique perspective – Cerebral palsy has allowed me to see society from a different perspective from the people I met to the way I move around every day is a new adventure.
- Cerebral palsy has allowed me to build friendships – if it wasn’t for me having Cerebral palsy I wouldn’t have the great group of amazing friends that I had met that are just like me.
- Cerebral palsy taught me strength -Being born with Cerebral palsy has taught me to be strong and have strength though some of my toughest time when I was younger I faced many obstacles and challenges through those obstacles, I’ve learned the true meaning of strength.
- Cerebral palsy has taught me to appreciate the little things that make me unique for example I have swan neck deformity to stand out because of the shape my finger is
- Cerebral palsy has given me stories to tell. Being a young woman with Cerebral palsy has given me life experiences and stories to tell which I hope to publish someday in the many books, I plan to write.
- Cerebral palsy has taught me that everyone has a story to tell and every one is unique. Having Cerebral palsy I’ve gotten to meet some great friends with giving the change to do that I’ve learned that everyone has a story but that doesn’t mean we can’t come together.
- Cerebral palsy has made my life fun– having Cerebral palsy has made my life fun and full of adventures and every time I go somewhere I always have an awesome adventure.
- Cerebral palsy has given me something to thank god for – it’s no secret that Cerebral Palsy has given me the best life I could ever ask for and for that I have to thank god because without guiding me through this journey I wouldn’t be the woman I’m today without Cerebral palsy so that definitely something that I have to thank god for this holiday season. Although having a condition such as Cerebral palsy isn’t an easy task and sometimes it can be difficult I wouldn’t change it for the world. It has taught me so many things it’s given me many opportunities so it has been one of the best Christmas gifts I have received.