March is Cerebral Palsy awareness month where we celebrate everyone who has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy and people that have been affected by it.
For those of you who didn’t know, I have spastic cerebral palsy one of the most common type to have next to Athetoid, Ataxic, and Mixed.
So why do we need to go green this month for Cerebral Palsy awareness month :
- Cerebral Palsy (CP) is the most common motor disability in childhood.
- Globally, over 17 million people have Cerebral palsy.
- Cerebral Palsy affects 1 in 500 newborns
- There is no known cure for Cerebral Palsy
- Every hour a baby is born with cerebral palsy (CP).